[SDL] SDL 2.0 API stabilization

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Sun Mar 3 19:21:02 PST 2013

On 3/3/13 12:09 AM, Sik the hedgehog wrote:
> Yeah, that seems better. I realized later that SDL_INIT_TOUCH would
> result in programs using SDL_INIT_EVERYTHING to not get emulated touch
> input, but I was away by then :/ (honestly using SDL_INIT_EVERYTHING
> isn't a good idea in the first place, but eh)

Actually, that's a good point: should we nuke SDL_INIT_EVERYTHING from
SDL 2.0?

I mean, if we add a new subsystem, and someone has written...

    if (SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_EVERYTHING) == -1)
        exit(1);

...then their working program might break when they don't have some
exotic new functionality on their platform.

--ryan.