[SDL] [SDL2] Resize issues

Flamaros flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 13:11:40 PDT 2013

On 03/03/13 09:49, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
> On 3/2/13 7:04 PM, Alexander Sabourenkov wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 2:50 AM, Ryan C. Gordon <icculus at icculus.org>
>> wrote:
>>> The library SONAME and filename should be "libSDL2-2.0.so.0" ...
>>> there are
>>> games in the field expecting this.
>>
>> Wasn't the binary compatability been broken multiple times recenty?
>
> I should say "there _will_ be games in the field expecting this."
>
> The Valve Runtime is providing this SONAME, and we expect Steam-based
> titles will use it.
>
>> An unresolved symbol isn't any better than an .so not found.
>
> True, and when SDL2 is officially locked down, binary compatibility will
> be law, just like we did for SDL 1.2 over the course of a decade.
>
> --ryan.

Okay, this patch should make the CMake build behave a bit more like the
autotools one. It emulates libtool's "release" option for the shared
library, and leaves the static library as libSDL2.a, which should match
the autotools build.

What it doesn't do is create a symlink libSDL2.so -> libSDL2-2.0.so.
CMake has no convenient way of doing this, AFAICT. Perhaps something
could be hacked together with "cmake -E create_symlink", but my CMake-fu
needs more work.

-- David