[SDL] Am I allowed to use code from SDL_mixer in a new library?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 17:46:14 PST 2013

I'm writing an SDL audio library that, at least for me, can replace
SDL_mixer.  It has actual floating point mixing in it as well as
resampling and decoding.  All the supported formats are in place, but
I'm not familiar with native MIDI on OS X and w32 (currently FluidSynth
is used.)  I'd like to borrow the native MIDI code from SDL_mixer.
Would that be OK?  I wouldn't want to step on someone's toes, since the
library is GPL and I'm also thinking about allowing non-GPL use for
non-commercial purposes and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do that if I
use code from SDL_mixer.