[SDL] Disabling XRandR by default

Sam Lantinga slouken at libsdl.org
Thu Oct 4 14:42:58 PDT 2012

I'm becoming more and more convinced that the application should never use
XRandR, and it's the window manager's responsibility to track and manage

Because it's so broken, I've disabled XRandR by default in SDL 2.0, so that
people have a good experience with it.  You can still enable it via
environment variable or application hint (SDL_HINT_VIDEO_X11_XRANDR)

Ryan is working on a window manager spec proposal that will solve things
for all games that want to change resolution.

See ya!
--Sam