[SDL] joystick identification

Torsten Giebl wizard at syntheticsw.com
Thu Feb 23 07:09:47 PST 2012

Hallo !

> There has been a lot of great discussion and ideas, but I hate to say
> I am not quite ready to begin working this out yet (or setting up a
> proper home).  Sorry it took so long to respond.
>
> The source image will be a .svg, although I plan on making a library
> that will interact with the online database.  I imagine this can be
> converted to raster form relatively easily (Never actually looked into
> how easy it would be to get a svg to raster parser yet), but I wanted
> something that can scale as needed.
>
> I was also working out a way to have premade templates for controls.
> (although I meant this to be used at the individual game level).  I
> suppose that a generic template or two could be part of the online
> database, but not entirely sure having a simplified controller profile
> defined for each gamepad is a great idea.
>
> I suppose that the database can also contain the button options for
> each game that uses the database, but maintenance could be a problem.

The basic idea is great, to have a SVG file for, at least the major gamepads,
to have the data, here this button is this rect selection or circle selection
in the SVG that connects to this button number.

But what is meant with this template thing ? Do you want to have, for example,
a "First Person Shooter" template for all the gamepads ?

CU