[SDL] UpdateRect produces a black screen

ecomsteve ecomsteve at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 15 06:00:28 PST 2012

I have made some progess and managed to get an image displayed using the code listed my first post.  The only issue is that the image is only capable of being displayed when the SDL_SetVideoMode is set to full screen, as shown below

Code:

screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(width, height, 24, SDL_SWSURFACE|SDL_FULLSCREEN);

Does anyone know why this works at full screen and and when in a window it is black? I would like to see the image in a window.

Thanks

Steve

Steve