[SDL] UpdateRect produces a black screen

ecomsteve ecomsteve at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 14 00:58:28 PST 2012

Thanks for the responses, the reason this code is more complicated is that my final goal is to have SDL to read a stream of data pixels through a USB connection.  The video data will be delivered in a non-standard format, i was hoping to buffer each frame then blit the pixels to the screen, in doing this will creating a moving image.

I have set the buffer using the memory allocation function below

Code:

CImage *ibuf = (CImage *) malloc ( width * height * 3 );

I could look into the information regarding the pixel member to try and figure it out. I won't need that piece of code riksweeney but thank you anyway

Steve