[SDL] cross compiling SDL issue 1.2.15

Karel Chaloupka karel at electricarmadillo.com
Fri Feb 10 08:56:56 PST 2012

I don't see where/how it checks for the host Could it be that the paths are
not included? I've provide part of the log file below. I can email the
whole if you would like to see it.

configure:2191: result: armv5l-unknown-linux-gnu
configure:2221: checking for armv5l-linux-gcc
configure:2251: result: no

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by configure, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.61.  Invocation command line was

  $ ./configure --host=armv5l-linux
--prefix=/opt/timesys/toolchains/armv5l-linux

## --------- ##
## Platform. ##
## --------- ##

hostname = ubuntu
uname -m = i686
uname -r = 2.6.32-38-generic
uname -s = Linux
uname -v = #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 4 11:13:04 UTC 2012

/usr/bin/uname -p = unknown
/bin/uname -X     = unknown

/bin/arch              = unknown
/usr/bin/arch -k       = unknown
/usr/convex/getsysinfo = unknown
/usr/bin/hostinfo      = unknown
/bin/machine           = unknown
/usr/bin/oslevel       = unknown
/bin/universe          = unknown

PATH: /usr/local/sbin
PATH: /usr/local/bin
PATH: /usr/sbin
PATH: /usr/bin
PATH: /sbin
PATH: /bin
PATH: /usr/X11R6/bin

## ----------- ##
## Core tests. ##
## ----------- ##

configure:2136: checking build system type
configure:2154: result: i686-pc-linux-gnu
configure:2176: checking host system type
configure:2191: result: armv5l-unknown-linux-gnu
configure:2221: checking for armv5l-linux-gcc
configure:2251: result: no
configure:2261: checking for gcc
configure:2277: found /usr/bin/gcc
configure:2288: result: gcc
configure:2526: checking for C compiler version
configure:2533: gcc --version >&5
gcc (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5) 4.4.3