[SDL] How to build SDL2 dmg on Xcode 4.1?

Sam Lantinga slouken at libsdl.org
Sat Feb 4 07:31:47 PST 2012

You can pick the DMG target from the drop down in the Xcode IDE once you've
opened the project.  That will build a framework and include SDLmain.m/h
which is all someone needs to build an SDL application on Mac OS X.

Eric Wing created some templates, here's his e-mail:
I posted some initial Xcode 4 templates for SDL.

You can find the hg repo here:
http://www.assembla.com/code/sdlxcode4templates/mercurial/nodes

Copy them to
~/Library/Developer/Xcode/Templates/SDL
or
/Library/Developer/Xcode/Templates/SDL

They need work.

The Mac ones mostly work provided you have the SDL.framework in
/Library/Frameworks and you always pick the correct version (1.2 or
1.3). However, I don't know how to hook into the copy files to bundle
phase to embed the SDL.framework into the .app bundle. You'll have to
set this up manually. The compatibility targets are set to 10.5 and
x86_64 and i386, but using the latest SDK.

The iOS template does not work out of the box. I don't know how to set
up a link dependency on a (static) library instead of a framework. I
think we should include the static library inside the template if we
figure out the other thing.

Help on this is welcome.