[SDL] cross compiling SDL issue 1.2.15

Karel Chaloupka karel at electricarmadillo.com
Fri Feb 10 05:41:51 PST 2012

I am trying to compile SDL-1.2.15 on a UBUNTU desktop for an ARM compiler.
My cross compiler is call armv5l-linux. I have been specifying it on the
configure command line as shown below. However, the script does not
recognize the compiler. What is the proper way to cross compile SDL?

./configure --host=armv5l-linux
--prefix=/opt/timesys/toolchains/armv5l-linux

output:

configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
checking host system type...
armv5l-unknown-linux-gnu                              <<<============
checking for armv5l-linux-gcc... no
checking for gcc... gcc
.
.
.
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking for armv5l-linux-g++... no
checking for armv5l-linux-c++... no
checking for armv5l-linux-gpp... no
checking for armv5l-linux-aCC... no