[SDL] SDL 1.3 Windows builds available. (x86 / x86-64)

ginkgobitter ertelt at mp-newmedia.com
Sun Jul 31 05:32:59 PDT 2011

I built x86 and x64 windows binaries of SDL 1.3 Revision 5581 and, since there seemed to be interest in it, SDL_image 1.2.11 (including all supported file formats) against it...

Unfortunately I gave up on SDL_mixer - getting SDL_image with all the dependencies up was enough of a hassle and SDL_mixer references even more libraries (for windows these would be fluidsynth, libmikmod, timidity, ogg, flac, smpeg (and/or libmad?!?), modplug) and some of those pull in even more. I just couldn't take it anymore, so I decided to just go with a current build of OpenAL Soft instead.

I'd be interested in what formats you are actually using for SDL_image and SDL_mixer. I'm sure there are some that aren't actually used by anyone. As an example - jbig for tiff.. seriously?!? Is someone working on an SDL fax machine? Being able to limit what has to be built would make everything a lot easier [Wink]

The downloads can be found here (http://ginkgobitter.dyndns.org).