[SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Sat Jul 30 16:57:01 PDT 2011

> And some kind of rough roadmap would be nice, too, especially I'd like to know whether 1.2 will get another release or whether people will need to check out the SDL 1.2 branch to get their bugs fixed...

On paper, 1.2.14 was meant to be the final 1.2 release, but I'd be surprised if we don't end up doing a 1.2.15 with accumulated fixes.

Certainly the Mac OS X Lion fixes are hugely important, if nothing else, but I would actually like to make one major addition to 1.2: a Wayland video target, so old games can continue to be "native" when we move past X11 in the nebulous future.

In any case: we will _always_ add 1.2 fixes to revision control, whether they get shipped in a formal release or not.

--ryan.