[SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

Dominus domiman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 16:24:47 PDT 2011

I agree.
Reading through this I wondered why there are so many pages about software render even after Ryan's post...

The more interesting things to discuss are the ones on the first page.
For example how to handle coexistance of SDL 1.2 and SDL 1.3/2.0 in the future. Hopefully in the near future.
Right now you have to decide which SDL you want to have on your system (or prefix) and mostly people tend to decide on 1.2 because it works (with glitches).

And some kind of rough roadmap would be nice, too, especially I'd like to know whether 1.2 will get another release or whether people will need to check out the SDL 1.2 branch to get their bugs fixed...