[SDL] Scruffy3D Released! (William Dyce)

William Dyce wilbefast at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 07:00:56 PDT 2011

> I was recently reading the NVIDIA presentation on porting games to Android
> (which is a good read, it's on their Developer Center website), and
> apparently it's possible to entirely avoid Java glue by using NativeActivity
> on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) or above, but there are a few things one can
> not do with NativeActivity...  And a lot of devices are still on Android 2.2
> (Froyo) or earlier.

NativeActivity is really for people who just don't want to write any Java
code, but at the end of the day it'll still be run in a Java virtual machine
so all you're not really gaining anything by complicating your life with it
:-/

Or the mac mini route, then you can just re-use one of your USB
> mice/keyboard.  Not sure about the monitor, you might need a dongle. That's
> probably your most low cost option, but if you spend a little extra you can
> get a really nice laptop AND you can partition the drive and run windows or
> linux or whatever you use normally.

Guess I'll see how this Android port goes. People who live in the US can
pick up all this istuff for peanuts, but in Europe and Australia where I
usually am it costs an absolute bomb. My friend keeps talking about
smuggling iPhones back in his suitcase - it's insane :-S