[SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

Alex Barry alex.barry at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 06:57:35 PDT 2011

Why are we still debating whether or not we want a software renderer?
I believe Ryan stated a number of replies back that the renderer is
generally complete, and it's no longer a development bottleneck.
In regards to software rendering as a compatibility layer, I think
software rendering is useful.  This thread is filled with various game
developers stating that, and to those who aren't using the software
renderer, I suppose it shouldn't matter to you if it is still included
or not.
-Alex