[SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

Forest Hale havoc at ghdigital.com
Fri Jul 29 02:47:03 PDT 2011

<troll> But you could have all kinds of animation at 60fps 1080P in tuxpaint!! </troll>

On a more serious note I'm a big proponent of software rendering, but mostly from a technical rather than practical perspective - writing pixel poking code is fun.

My point is that it is inherently slow, even if you try hard to optimize it, so on any CAPABLE computer we should never be doing software rendering.

--
LordHavoc
Author of DarkPlaces Quake1 engine - http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces