[SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 02:39:55 PDT 2011

Hi,

> I am completely against droping support for software rendering.
>
> When you develop simple 2D games, people who play your games expect it to
> run everywhere, even on crappy old integrated video stuff.
> As a developer, I also expect to everyone who wants to play my game, that
> they can do it on their old Pentium III.

This is very relevant for tuxmath, tuxtype, and tuxpaint.  Our stuff
does not require high performance, but we want it to work on the old,
sometimes ancient machines that accumulate in elementary schools.
Just my $0.02.

--
David Bruce

For all your software needs, visit The Apt Store:
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main