[SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

Forest Hale havoc at ghdigital.com
Fri Jul 29 01:29:20 PDT 2011

As I was saying before, software rendering is a major CPU hog, beyond what one can easily imagine.

The simple reality is that memory is the bottleneck, and the GPU has faster memory.

Aside from this, it's also remarkably hard to shovel the pixels over the PCI-E bus to the video card at reasonable speeds.