[SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

Jared Maddox absinthdraco at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 23:57:06 PDT 2011

For what it's worth, I'm in favor of removing the compatibility
support, keeping software rendering, and adding a stand-alone (so it's
useful for general image manipulation) roto-zoomer function.

> Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 22:07:08 -0700
> From: Nicholas Vining <mordred at icculus.org>
> To: sdl at lists.libsdl.org
> Subject: Re: [SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

> Based on what we want to do for the next
> game, I'm going to end up writing an actual OpenGL renderer, and that's
> going to be a support nightmare. Them's the breaks, I suppose.

If it isn't especially complex, you might try using TinyGL instead of
just whatever OpenGL implementation the users have, it's purely
software, supposed to be fast, and it looks like there was at least an
attempt to port it to SDL. If it'll work for your case, then it'll
(hopefully) be easier to support than the alternatives.