[SDL] Sound "pops" in SDL_Mixer -- any ideas for a fix?

Forest Hale havoc at ghdigital.com
Thu Jul 28 22:56:48 PDT 2011

This sounds more like a loading issue to me - perhaps the resampling code is reading past the end of the sound and getting garbage data at the end for one sampleframe (or reading before the beginning)?

Perhaps the sound is being padded at load with extra sampleframes that are uninitialized?

If it was consistent I would be saying the sound may have a misaligned baseline value or miss a proper lead-in/lead-out (if the start and end are not at 0 amplitude, you can get pops).