[SDL] Scruffy3D Released!

Forest Hale havoc at ghdigital.com
Thu Jul 28 22:53:04 PDT 2011

A Mac running XCode is the only way to make an app for the iOS appstore, you also need an iOS device for testing of course...  when you develop for Apple operating systems, you buy their hardware, and
yes it has rather significant price to consider.

As I see it, around $1000 for a Macbook (or a Mac Mini + monitor and peripherals) and $700 for an iPad2 (16GB wifi with a few addons), you may find need to purchase additional iOS devices to broaden
your range of testing; angry users once it hits the appstore are a serious problem from what I gather.

I find it amusing that developers always complain more about the price of a Mac for development than the Mac users do - of course I am no exception :)