[SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

Mason Wheeler masonwheeler at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 13:18:41 PDT 2011

See, that's just it. The P3 was released in 1999. Accelerated video was already a standard feature on new Windows boxes by then.  A P3 running Windows 98 can handle up to DX7 without trouble, and DX8 on most video cards, though some crappy integrated chips don't support it.  I still remember those days.

From: RodrigoCard <cuecax at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

I am completely against droping support for software rendering.

When you develop simple 2D games, people who play your games expect it to run everywhere, even on crappy old integrated video stuff.
As a developer, I also expect to everyone who wants to play my game, that they can do it on their old Pentium III.

If you are someone who thinks that no one have awful PCs, and the "few" ones in this conditions dont deserve to play your game, its your choice.
Just dont expect to everyone to think like you =)