[SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

Beoran beoran at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 07:05:46 PDT 2011

Mason, you say that adding a few rendering 2D functions to the SDL core is "feature creep", but the you want to put the whole of SDL_image and SDL_mixer into SDL? How is that not feature creep? Honestly, if we split this up in a separate SDL_renderer library, you'll be distributing that too before long. Wagging the dog indeed. :p

As for the problems with Linux, it's not only the drivers. Sometimes the hardware just sucks, and that's onot only on linux as well. I said the same several times before on the forum, but my messages didn't came though on the mailing list.