[SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

Tim Angus tim at ngus.net
Thu Jul 28 04:17:15 PDT 2011

On 28/07/2011 12:09, Torsten Giebl wrote:
> since the SDL 1.2 days, Alpha Blending, Rotation, Zooming, and Flipping
> X/Y ( all if possible HW accelerated ! )
> Features that every old 16 bit console like Genesis, SNES, ... had.

If there is really that much demand for this sort of thing I think it
may make sense to separate the renderer part of SDL off into its own
tertiary library in the same way that e.g. SDL_image is done. This could
have its own developers which care about this use case who would be free
to extend it without impingeing on the basic functionality. Sticking
this kind of stuff into the core of SDL feels like feature creep to me.