[SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

Forest Hale havoc at ghdigital.com
Thu Jul 28 03:52:12 PDT 2011

The compatibility layer is probably superfluous and confusing, but that said I currently use SDL_SetVideoMode in darkplaces because I have yet to implement relative mouse motion in SDL 1.3 on Windows
and Linux (yeah, keep pestering me about that) and the SDL_SetVideoMode code does have relative mouse motion it seems :P

Regarding 2D acceleration, I do agree that it may not be "necessary" in any real sense in SDL, and that everyone should use OpenGL or D3D directly, but this adds a significant burden to people who
specifically used 2D to avoid this headache on each platform - especially the differences between OpenGL and OpenGL ES are of interest here :)