[SDL] SDL_image on OS X 10.7(Lion), xcode 4.1 Re: Please test the latest 1.2 from Mercurial on Mac OS X...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Thu Jul 28 00:56:27 PDT 2011

> Interesting. Any place I can find specific details on this? Do you
> know when and how this breakage was introduced? (e.g. was it Xcode 4,
> llvm, a OS X system update, 64-bit only, Intel only, etc.) I recall
> being able to (mostly) build using the 10.6 SDK for 10.5, with the
> most public major roadblock being Apple screwed up the backwards
> compatibility linkage for libcrypto. If you didn't need libcrypto, you
> were mostly fine.

I'm shaky on the details, but I first started seeing it in Xcode 3 last
year, if you linked against the latest SDK instead of 10.whatever. This
was with gcc, not clang (but I assume it's a function of the linker, not
the compiler). I can dig you up the actual error message tomorrow.

It's entirely possible this can work, and we just screwed something up
on our side.

--ryan.