[SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

Forest Hale havoc at ghdigital.com
Wed Jul 27 22:58:52 PDT 2011

On the topic of Dungeons of Dredmor, I should mention that the Steam Community Overlay does not work with it, because it uses GDI :)

For my own bit in this debate, I strongly advocate the following feature configurations as critical:
1. accelerated 2D and 3D using OpenGL/OpenGL ES (Windows, Linux, OSX, Android, iphoneos, MeeGo-based devices, OpenPandora, etc)
2. accelerated 2D and 3D using Direct3D9/10/11 (Windows - yes it's windows specific, but in many cases the drivers are better, and an easy way to initialize a D3D context is still welcome)
3. unaccelerated 2D (all)

If one is writing a 2D game, one expects it to run everywhere, even if poorly, but preferably fast.

If one is writing a 3D game, one knows it won't run everywhere, but if it does run it should run well.