[SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Wed Jul 27 21:40:30 PDT 2011

> I think that pulling the compat layer would speed development by
> freeing use from any need to stay compatible with 1.2.

I don't think a lot of thought is going into 1.2 compatibility. I'm not
sure what the current state of the compat layer is, but I think the
bigger problem is that mixing compat calls with 1.3 APIs is likely to
blow up in ways we haven't even thought about, and it's not clear where
the line is drawn between the two APIs.

I think people are asking me to make a decision about this, and I don't
have one yet. Also: I'm not actually sure I'm the guy that gets to make
that sort of decision.

Also: holy crap, am I the guy that gets to make that sort of decision?!

--ryan.