[SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

Mason Wheeler masonwheeler at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 21:25:50 PDT 2011

Argh! Where are you people getting this from?  Why is it that, out of everyone who has commented on
this thread so far, the only person who understood what I wrote was David Olofson?!?  I never said
*anything* about discontinuing Linux development!

From: Ryan C. Gordon <icculus at icculus.org>
Subject: Re: [SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

> It makes no sense to let a tiny fraction of a percent hold SDL 1.3/2.0
> back from implementing
> modern rendering features.

Not to be disagreeable, but my primary reason for working on SDL has _always_ been the Linux compatibility. Because Linux games are how I keep the electricity on at my house.

I don't think the software rendering code is holding anyone back. Also, the #1 game on Steam last week was Dungeons of Dredmor, which not only uses software rendering, it uses SDL's GDI target on Windows.  :)

--ryan.