[SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

Mason Wheeler masonwheeler at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 21:15:26 PDT 2011

I never said "ditch Linux development", I said "don't let people use the (perceived)
problemsthatdesktop Linuxhas with a lack of good OpenGL driver support as an
excuse tohold backthenecessaryremoval of support for non-accelerated backends
which areblockingimplementation ofimportant modern rendering features."

Please don't oversimplify what I say into strawman versions.  That's a serious pet
peeve ofmine.

Mason

From: "jeaye at arrownext.com" <jeaye at arrownext.com>
Subject: Re: [SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

'ello,

I wholeheartedly disagree with Mason. Ditching Linux development is a
naive approach to SDL 1.3 advancement. SDL 1.3 is Linux's hope for better
OpenGL support with SDL, and potentially its hope for more desktop gamers.

Cheers,
Jeaye