[SDL] SDL 1.3 status ?

William Dyce wilbefast at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 20:19:05 PDT 2011

Totally agree: the 1.2/1.3 confusion was a serious stumbling block for me
during Android development. I think the two need to be more clearly defined:
I had no idea there even was a compatibility mode at first. I just kept
using the library as I always had, and wondered why it wasn't working. Even
some sort of little warning that compatibility mode is being used would be
very helpful.

As for Linux: as I recall SDL was originally developed by Loki for gaming on
Linux. Dropping Linux support would be... odd. I for one use Ubuntu on my
little laptop... but I do have working OpenGL drivers so generally use
hard-acceleration.

William