[SDL] Setting up Code::Blocks IDE for SDL 1.3

jeaye at arrownext.com jeaye at arrownext.com
Wed Jul 27 11:48:46 PDT 2011

William,

I've Code::Blocks 10.05 setup and working with SDL 1.3 on Slackware 13.37.
All I did was locally compile SDL 1.3 and specify the include and library
directories in Code::Blocks (start with an empty project). What works best
for me is to not only specify the directories, but to also specify the
exact library files so that Code::Blocks doesn't go about picking the SDL
1.2 ones. In the Linker options for your project, you're able to select
actual libraries that you'd like to link to, instead of just specifying the
directory and the -l<lib>. As far as SDL_image, SDL_ttf (etc.) go, I've
just been letting Code::Blocks find them (so just using the SDL 1.2
versions), and it's been working very well for me. Just specify -lSDL_image
or -lSDL_ttf (etc.) in the linker settings for your project.

Cheers,
Jeaye