[SDL] Are there any working SDL Android examples?

William Dyce wilbefast at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 21:10:06 PDT 2011

Dimitris: so avoid legacy functions like SDL_SetVideoMode? I've actually
been unable to find any example code that uses SDL_CreateWindow, even in the
SDL1.3 examples directory. Could you give me an example, and is there
anything I should try to strip out?

Manuel: I did as you said - I'm not getting any more calls to unimplemented
APIs, OpenGL ES 1.1 is started and the application itself logs all the
various initialisations are successful. That said there's still no red box
being drawn on screen.
I compared the log output of the emulator (which works) and the hardware
(which doesn't work). Here are a few lines missing from the hardware's log,
in chronological order:
*D/ libEGL: egl.cfg not found, using default config
D/ libEGL: loaded /system/lib/egal/libGLES_android.so
I/ ARMAssembler: generated scanline___000... etc*

And here are the entries present in the hardware and absent from the
emulator:
*I/ ActivityThread: queueIdle
V/ ActivityThread: Reporting idle of ActivityRecord (...) org.libsdl.app
(...)
W/ ActivityNative: send ACTIVITY_IDLE_TRANSACTION
W/ ActivityNative: RCV ACTIVITY_IDLE_TRANSACTION*

Still not sure what's going on here - perhaps I need to get rid of all the
legacy code as Dimitris suggested?

William