[SDL] Are there any working SDL Android examples?

Forest Hale havoc at ghdigital.com
Mon Jul 25 02:59:48 PDT 2011

I'm not at liberty to show my current work on this, but I can assure you it does work in SDL 1.3...

The Unimplemented OpenGL ES API notices *always* indicate you have the incorrect context version, which has to be fixed in SDLActivity.java .

Make sure the initEGL function in SDLActivity.java has this code where it calls CreateContext:
             int EGL_CONTEXT_CLIENT_VERSION=0x3098;
             int contextAttrs[] = new int[]
             {
             EGL_CONTEXT_CLIENT_VERSION, majorVersion,
             EGL10.EGL_NONE
             };
             EGLContext ctx = egl.eglCreateContext(dpy, config, EGL10.EGL_NO_CONTEXT, contextAttrs);
             if (ctx == EGL10.EGL_NO_CONTEXT) {
                 Log.e("SDL", "Couldn't create context");
                 return false;
             }

The version I pulled from hg seems to pass null instead of contextAttrs (and does not have the contextAttrs array itself).

Another issue I have come across is lack of multitouch input, all touch events are being passed as mouse events not finger events, I'll be looking at this issue in the coming days.