[SDL] SDL Android: "Call to unimplemented OpenGL ES API"

William Dyce wilbefast at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 19:41:25 PDT 2011

Hi Manuel,

To support more general context intialization, I have used the
> EGLConfigChooser from GLSurfaceView.java (which is part of the
> offical android opengl framework so it should be well tested on actual
> devices) - see the attached patch.

No luck with the patch I'm afraid - in fact the app now instantly crashes
rather than simply running without any graphics. No sound, I get the error*:

*

> *"AudioPolicyManagerBase: Unknown stream type"*

That's on the HW: everything still works fine on the emulator. That said the
aliens.c example doesn't use SDL_OPENGL, so I don't think adding
SDL_GL_SetAttribute would do anything.
Are there any complete apps using this code-base that I could try out? I
really just want to get something, anything, to actually run on the hardware
- then I can work from there. So far though even the simplest example
available just vibrates and crashes.

Well, I did manage to get OpenTyrian working the other day on the real
device, but that uses Peyla's SDL1.6
port<http://www.anddev.org/sdl_port_for_android_sdk-ndk_16-t9218.html>rather
than this one.

William