[SDL] Building SDL_mixer on OS X is hopeless

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Fri Jul 22 08:05:34 PDT 2011

On 06/29/2011 06:23 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> I tried a few weeks ago, and gave up. Today I gave it a go again. This
> is my configure line (I'm trying to build a 32-bit static library):
>
> ./configure --disable-shared --prefix="$HOME/opt/intel"
> --with-sdl-prefix="$HOME/opt/intel" CFLAGS="-arch i386" CXXFLAGS="-arch
> i386" LDFLAGS="-arch i386"
>
> It won't build. I get the below error. If anyone knows what's going on,
> please help. I'm pulling my hair for a month now.
>

> ld: warning: in /Users/realnc/opt/intel/lib/libSDL.a, file was built for
> unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)

Even if I modify the link command to manually say "-arch i386", I then get:

ld: warning: in build/.libs/libSDL_mixer.a, file was built for
unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)

Can *anyone* spot anything wrong in this static archive:

http://foss.aegean.gr/~realnc/libSDL_mixer.a