[SDL] SDL Android: "Call to unimplemented OpenGL ES API"

Forest Hale havoc at ghdigital.com
Fri Jul 22 00:02:40 PDT 2011

Some functions in OpenGL ES 1 are not implemented in OpenGL ES 2, and of course the opposite is also true.

Make sure you're asking for the right type of context.

I had to fix a bug in the Java EGL setup code where it was asking for an OpenGL ES 1 context after picking a config that supports both, where my code requires an OpenGL ES 2 context, so it was giving
this same error message because I was making OpenGL ES 2 calls on an OpenGL ES 1 context...