[SDL] Selecting Audio Device

Aveek Adhya eorsavik at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 04:34:45 PDT 2011

Hi all,
I am using SDL-1.2 library on Windows platform and my PC is connected with
multiple speakers (Audio Output Device). When I play audio it always select
the default one. I do not see any API to select a speaker of my choice. With
the function SDL_OpenAudioDevice() we can select a device but this API is
not supported in SDL-1.3. The current version SDL-1.2 only supports
SDL_OpenAudio() which does not allow to open  a selected device.

How can I select a specific audio device in SDL-1.2 ?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Aveek