[SDL] Has anyone published an SDL 1.3 app on the Mac App Store?

Brian Barnes ggadwa at charter.net
Mon Jul 18 10:20:43 PDT 2011

I just got Scruffy3D "Waiting for Review" at the mac app store.  It was
a hassle and half for at least 2 days or figuring out everything I had
to get in there for it to be accepted.

It uses SDL 1.2.whatever the latest was (SDL 1.3 isn't usable until
relative mouse gets in there -- luckily it's an OpenGL app so I should
be OK).  I eventually gave up with all the framework and dylib problems,
and compiled all my libraries to static libs, and bypassed all those
types of problems.  It actually has a side benefit of making my
windows/OS X code base closer (as no frameworks in windows.)  Another
side benefit -- the llvm compiler better handles inlining and other
things when statically linked, and "link time optimizations" kills DWARF
with dSYM, which you need in the appstore.

Yes, it's annoying, but it fixed a lot of nonsense that I wasn't getting
proper error messages for and didn't feel like using hours of trial and
error to figure it out.

Even worse, the XCode Archive option always failed for me, I had to
package it by hand!

Bottom line: Apple could probably make this better in a number of ways!

BTW: How's relative mouse coming? :)

[>] Brian