[SDL] Ryan's sandbox...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Fri Jul 29 22:12:31 PDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 6:16 AM, Ryan C. Gordon <icculus at icculus.org> wrote:

> So I just pushed a patch for 1.2 that does some serious surgery, but should
> fix the incompatibility with Lion.
>
> This was a much bigger change than I wanted it to be. I would appreciate if
> people would test this against their projects, 2D and 3D, both on Lion and
> earlier versions of Mac OS X.
>
> Reports of success and failure are welcome.

I tested this on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 with my game Classic Invaders
which is 2D and uses software surfaces.

In fullscreen mode there was a problem, the screen appears to be
pushed down (see the screenshots at the links provided). I verified
that this doesn't happen
with 1.2.14.

http://www.noquarterarcade.com/images/screenshot-latest-SDL.png
http://www.noquarterarcade.com/images/screenshot-SDL-1.2.14.png