[SDL] SDL_mixer is recognizing MP3 as MOD

Mason Wheeler masonwheeler at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 15:45:33 PDT 2011

Verify the file in a different media player.  SDL_Mixer attempts to check "magic numbers" in a music file's header against known values, and if it can't find a match, it defaults to MOD.  What this behavior means is that the check against the known header magic number for an MP3 file is failing, which most likely means your file is corrupt in some way.