[SDL] "ERROR: Couldn't load music Out of sample handles to load sample" ?

Jesse Palser SLNTHERO at AOL.com
Mon Jul 11 19:26:12 PDT 2011

On 07/11/2011 11:43 AM, Torsten Giebl wrote:
> Hello !
>

>> "ERROR: Couldn't load music Out of sample handles to load sample"
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using SDL 1.2 with SDL_Mixer and MOD music file format.
>>
>> I tried adding another MOD music to my project,
>> but I get this error in terminal:
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> ERROR: Couldn't load music Out of sample handles to load sample
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>

> This is an error message coming from MikMod.
>
> 1. Have you tried to add a different module instead of this one ?
> 2. Have you tried to play the module with MikMod on the commandline,
> to make sure that MikMod would normally load and play it correctly ?
>

> CU
Hi,

I think I have reached some limit to the number of MOD musics I can load?
Got up to about 20 MOD musics being loaded at program start,
and now can't add anymore?

Anyone have any idea on how to solve this?
Thanks!

Jesse "JeZ+Lee"
16BitSoft
Video Game Design Studio