[SDL] OSX linking problem.

RodrigoCard cuecax at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 00:06:50 PDT 2011

Hi

I got the latest sdl from mercurial and built it as a fat static library for mac (x64, x86, ppc). without any modifications, except for folder paths.

then I just paste a very simple test app from here:
http://wiki.libsdl.org/moin.cgi/SDL_RenderClear?highlight=%28\bCategoryRender\b%29|%28CategoryStruct%29|%28CategoryEnum%29
(I'm using the SDL cocoa application template as base)

I can only build and run the x64 binary (with Build Active Archtecture Only checked) , when I try to run x86 and ppc versions it gives me these Warnings and a bunch of linker errors:

ld: warning: in /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/local/lib/libSDL.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386 (or ppc) )

looks like xcode is trying to mess with the dylibs, even without the SDL.framework included, for some reason.

I didn't do any architecture-specific configurations, what can i do to fix this?

thanks.