[SDL] [SDL_mixer] Mapping file-based API to RWops

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Sat Jul 23 16:18:33 PDT 2011

Before I start doing the work, it's better to ask first:

Currently, functions like Mix_LoadMUS() and Mix_LoadWAV() which take a
filename pretty much duplicate a lot of what RWops-based functions do,
which take an RWops as parameter.

I'd like to go ahead and remove most of the duplicate code and make all
filename-based functions map to the RWops-based ones.  For example,
Mix_LoadMUS() would open an RWops on the filename and then call
Mix_LoadMUS_RW() on the RWops.

Can anyone imagine possible problems with that?  Should I go ahead and
start working on it?