[SDL] SDL 1.3 backend: Questions about Framebuffers

Nathan Heisey nathanheisey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 19:11:15 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I notice that to write to the window, you have to create a frame buffer- or
at least retrieve the data representing one.

Here's my problem: I am given the pixel array to fill, the address of which
is passed on to SDL.  This is all well and good.  But if the window changes
size, my pixel array has to change size (there are problems if the window
moves or the screen resolution changes, too, but I think that I can overcome
this with a copy of the buffer).  I know when the window resizes, and can
allocate accordingly; but how do I tell SDL to change its pointer to the
framebuffer, or copy thereof?

Thanks,
-Nathan