[SDL] Displaying keys pushed on european keyboards?

VernJensen vern at actionsoft.com
Wed Jul 20 10:43:14 PDT 2011

The "Change Keys" dialog in my game displays the keys a user chooses for walking and jumping. However, on international keyboards, if they push keys like ö and ä, it will display the U.S. keyboard symbols for that key instead of the european one. I'm wondering how to detect, under SDL, that a European keyboard was used, and determine which symbol (using my own pre-rendered bitmap font) to display for it?