[SDL] SDL iPhone Primier

Brian Barnes ggadwa at charter.net
Mon Jul 18 19:17:54 PDT 2011

My next goal is to make dim3 work on an iPad -- so all projects are cross platform between OS X/Windows/Linux/iPad.  I've never done this before, but I've stumbled through the first couple parts.  I've got SDL 1.3, created a static lib, started my project, etc.

The docs (you should mention in the iphone doc what frameworks you need to add when statically linked) say I can avoid the obj-c stuff (dim3 is written in C) and just use a c-based main.  I've created a example main with just some sample OpenGL calls for testing.  All that exists is the sdl lib, my main.c, and the frameworks.

It works but crashes here:

2011-07-18 22:08:17.942 dim3Engine[5470:207] Unknown class dim3EngineAppDelegate in Interface Builder file.
2011-07-18 22:08:17.944 dim3Engine[5470:207] Unknown class dim3EngineViewController in Interface Builder file.
2011-07-18 22:08:17.946 dim3Engine[5470:207] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSUnknownKeyException', reason: '[<UICustomObject 0xc313490> setValue:forUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key viewController.'

I suspect this is something simple.  Anybody here that's gone through this have any ideals?  I noticed in the iPad summary there is a "main interface" that's probably the cause, but it won't let me delete that.  I haven't found it linked anywhere else.  I'm building for the simulator (4.3).

Thanks for the help, I'm brand new to this but it's probably just a couple humps to traverse.

[>] Brian