[SDL] SDL 1.3 MacOS X Static library linker errors?

VernJensen vern at actionsoft.com
Mon Jul 18 11:53:57 PDT 2011

SDL runs fine when compiled into SDL.framework, but when I create the static library libSDL.a and use that instead, I get two linker errors:

SDL_GetWindowDisplay()
SDL_GetCPUCacheLineSize()

symbol(s) undefined.

Yes, my program uses both of these. They are fairly new functions I believe, so somehow they aren't getting "included" in the static library build? Any idea how to fix this? SDL_GetWindowDisplay() is in SDL_video.c, so I don't see why it would be left out.

I need to build a static library instead of a framework for Mac App Store submission, because Apple's Application Loader gives bogus errors when trying to submit an app that uses the 1.3 SDL framework. Using a static library, I could work around this.