[SDL] SDL_mixer is recognizing MP3 as MOD

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Thu Jul 14 15:34:52 PDT 2011

There's one MP3 track that when trying to load it with Mix_LoadMUS_RW(),
SDL_mixer thinks it's a MOD file and fails with "Module format not
recognized".  Is there anything I can do about it?  When loading it, I
know it's going to be MP3 data, but I can't find any way to tell that to
SDL_mixer.

Touching the MP3 data itself is not an option, since the application is
a game engine (a bit like SCUMMVM) that runs pre-existing games made by
people I never heard about.

I'm out of ideas :-/