[SDL] how to draw an image mirrored?

Mason Wheeler masonwheeler at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 10:27:47 PDT 2010

>From: Alex Barry <alex.barry at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [SDL] how to draw an image mirrored?
>
>Mason, you seem to be ignoring one fact - that's all new devices.  The average
>joe usually doesn't have the most up-to-date system, and may or may not have a
>hardware accelerated system available to them.  I would say it's a safe bet that
>
>if they don't have a computer that's hardware accelerated, they likely don't
>have a hand-held device that is either.

I'm not ignoring that.  I'm taking it into account.  Like I said, all computers
that
were new since before the turn of the century have 3D acceleration.  Sure, not
everyone has a brand new system, but how many people are still using systems
from the 90s.  And how many of those who are actually expect to be able to play
games created today on them?  If the answer's not "zero" it's close enough as to
make no difference.

Bottom line, in 2010 "the average joe" is running Windows XP, and has Direct3D
and OpenGL both installed out of the box whether he knows it or not.